Adjudication of the Press Council of Kosovo in relation to the complaint of Makfirete Saliuka, Judge at the Municipal Court in Prishtina, versus Kosova Sot newspaper4 June 2010
In its meeting held on 11 May 2010, following the review of the complaint of Makifete Saliuka, Judge at the Municipal Court in Prishtina versus Kosova Sot newspaper Press Council of Kosovo took the following
To uphold the complaint
On 26 April 2010, Makifete Saliuka, judge at the Municipal Court in Prishtina filed a complaint at the Press Council of Kosovo against Kosova Sot. The Complaint is in relation to eight articles published in Kosova Sot, from 13 to 22 of April 2010, regarding a judicial decision in the legal matter of the plaintiff Lulzim Rexha from Prekaz village, Skenderaj Municipality against Interpress R. Company Kosova Sot.
The judicial matter was initiated by the plaintiff Lulzim Rexha, who suffered an accident at work in 2004, and while working for the Printing House which is a part of the respective company, he lost one of his arms up to the elbow, and was incapacitated to work.
In the judicial proceedings, Lulzim Rexha requested compensation for injury at work and for work incapacitation. The case went through all instances of Kosovo judiciary, including the Supreme Court of Kosovo.
- Decision of Press Council of Kosovo on the complaint of Mr. Valmor Bardhi, NewkoBalkan L.L.C. against newspaper Zëri
- Decision of Press Council of Kosovo on the complaint of Mr. Fuad Ramiqi against news portal www.gazetaexpress.com
- Decision of Press Council of Kosovo on the complaint of Mr. Blerim Vela against newspaper Zëri
- Decision of Press Council of Kosovo on the complaint of Mr. Mertol Genc, board member of Limak Kosovo International Airport JSC, against newspaper Zëri
- Decision of Press Council of Kosovo on the complaint of Dr. Qamile Morina, anesthesiologist at University Clinics Center of Kosovo (QKUK) against newspaper Zëri